As you probably already guessed, I’m quite excited for the big trip my fiancé and I are planning.
I have already put together a powerpoint presentation for each country we visit. I figured it would be fun and informative (and a great way for me to continue to stay jazzed up about it) to share its contents on a weekly basis.
Each week, the basic categories will be as follows
- Our Main Reasons For Wanting to Visit
- Cultural Don’ts.
- Currency and Exchange (though the exchange might not be 100% accurate as I did grab these numbers a few months ago.)
- Immunization (If required)
- Activities/Places We plan to do/visit whilst visiting
- Weather for the time of year we’re planning to visit.
- A few terms in the native language (if not english)
Our Main Reasons For Wanting to Visit
- As per the internets, Singapore is practically a vegan food capitol!
- Great jump off point to other destinations.
- Very strict drug laws
- ++ = 10% service charge, 7% GST
- Tipping is generally not practised in Singapore, and is officially frowned upon by the government, although bellhops still expect $2 or so per bag.
- Singapore is one of the safest major cities in the world by virtually any measure. Most people, including single female travellers, will not face any problems walking along the streets alone at night.
- Singaporeans care little about formal politeness. What would be decent behavior at home, wherever home might be, is unlikely to offend anyone in Singapore. In Singapore, unlike much of southeast Asia, women wearing revealing clothing or men wearing shorts and slippers are perfectly acceptable.
Currency and Average Exchange
- 1=1, meaning 10$ CAD = 10 Singapore Dollars
Activities/Places We Plan to Visit
Weather in November
- Average of 26 degrees, with a fair amount of rain.
Note: The photo featured does not belong to me. I found it on google.
Next week, we’ll hit up Thailand! It’s one of the places my fiancé and I are most excited for, so expect a long post. 🙂